Translate

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

But God

"But God"

Romans 5:8 (KJV) - But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Through the years I have heard many people say "Where was God." Let me tell you where God was. While you were living a life of complete disregard for God, He was dying to pay for the vilest of sins you committed. If God was there in your sinful life He most certainly will be there in your storm.

This passage reminds me of one of my favorite Scriptures, Ephesians 2:4 it starts out with the same two words "But God". No matter what the Devil brings against us! No matter what the accusation! No matter how bleak the circumstance! God is on the throne and He is rich in mercy, His love endures forever, and He has called us, anointed us, and raised us to sit in heavenly places with Jesus!

"But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:" Ephesians 2:4-6 (KJV)

Think about the main point of this Scripture "God demonstrates His love toward us". Through out the ages God has demonstrated His love to a world bent on denying Him, abandoning Him, cursing Him, and ignoring Him. His love kept on longing, desiring, reaching, holding, He never let go and He will never let go. As the song says,
 "Could we with ink the ocean fill, And were the skies of parchment made;
Were every stalk on earth a quill, And every man a scribe by trade;
To write the love of God above Would drain the ocean dry;
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, Though stretched from sky to sky."

Man was created in the image of God and made to fellowship with Him. It was our sin that separated us from God. “The wages of sin is death!” If we got what we deserved all hope would be lost, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus. It not about how sinful you have been it is about God’s love and grace. The amazing thing about grace Is that God "looks beyond our faults and sees our need".

Jesus said, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.' I like that. Greater love! I want to be like Jesus. I want to be like Him. So my prayer is Lord give me a greater love. A love that brings me to my cross. A love that empties me. A love that makes me just like Jesus.

Jesus said in John 13:34-35 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." Loving like Christ loves cannot be accomplished without sacrifice. Laying down our lives for others is as much part of the Christian life as kneeling at the altar or picking up a Bible. It really is the essence of following Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment